From sciencekids.com click here
1. What is the first element on the periodic table?
2. What is the centre of an atom called?
3. True or false? Acids have a pH level below 7.
4. What is the main gas found in the air we breathe?
5. True or false? An electron carries a positive charge.
6. Famous New Zealand scientist Ernest Rutherford was awarded a Nobel Prize in which field?
7. What is the chemical symbol for gold?
8. K is the chemical symbol for which element?
9. What orbits the nucleus of an atom?
10. At room temperature, what is the only metal that is in liquid form?
11. True or false? A neutron has no net electric charge.
12. A nuclear reaction where the nucleus of an atom splits into smaller parts is known as nuclear fission or nuclear fusion?
13. What is H20 more commonly known as?
14. What is the third most common gas found in the air we breathe?
15. What is the name given to substances that are initially involved in a chemical reaction?
16. True or false? Bases have a pH level below 7.
17. Is sodium hydroxide (NaOH) an acid or base?
18. Atoms of the same chemical element that have different atomic mass are known as?
19. True or false? A proton carries a positive charge.
20. What is the fourth most abundant element in the universe in terms of mass?
Chemistry Quiz Answers
2. A nucleus
4. Nitrogen (around 78%)
12. Nuclear fission
14. Argon (around 1%)